Saturday 11 October 2008

Sage-Too - Lightweight RSS Reader for Firefox

I have searched for a while now to find a light-weight, neat and simple RSS reader and have tried many that didn't suit my needs. Then I found Sage-Too.
This is a great add-in for Firefox that sits in a sidebar, not taking up too much space. You can set the update frequency of the feeds, the feed folder and how feeds open when clicked on.

What I like about this RSS reader over others is its simplicity and unobtrusiveness. It's automatically there when I open my browser (Firefox naturally) and will discretely notify me if new atricles have been published by a change in the feed's title icon. When clicking on a feed title I can see a list of atricle titles, unread ones in bold, and hovering over them will give me a longer description of the content so I can easily decide whether to view it or not.

You can organise your feeds using Firefox's bookmark manager if you prefer and even create custom subfolders to group similar feeds.

Check it out, it may be just the RSS solution you have been searching for.

Sage-Too

No comments: